My 1st Impressions 

I am both excited and sad as I write this last post of my collab with Chirstina from Teatime Circus. I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as we have had making it. If you want to see where she purchased the products below please check out her last post. And do not fret, this will not be the last time you will see her here 😉

Christina and I knew that we needed a rad location for our swap. Our checklist included: 1) An indoor space because you never know with YYC weather! 2) A place that we could access on a weekend, as we both have our full-time gigs during the week. 3) Somewhere with interesting backdrops for the photos. This is how we found ourselves at Work Nicer.

We were both so giddy exchanging our boxes it legit felt like Christmas in the middle of summer. When I saw the camera box Christina picked out specifically for me I lost it. If the box was this good oh man the stuff inside would be just as great! Currently, the box is sitting on my dresser and is now the home for my extra camera batteries and memory cards. <3

Processed with VSCO with m3 preseProcessed with VSCO with m3 preset

When Christina and I first met up at Rosso she showed me her mini ruler and I lost my mind. I know it’s just a ruler, but this is what happens when you get two stationary lovers together…we get excited over rulers! I’ve always just used edges of things or a regular 12″ ruler so to receive this one was very exciting. I like that the ruler is stiff and strong. It gives me hope that this bad boy will last a lot longer than my plastic ones.

The Uni-ball Signo 270 is very smooth and comfortable to write with. Normally I don’t like to write in blue ink, I think this came from seeing my mom in her office with only black pens. It is something that has stuck with me to this day, so I went out to Staples and got the pen in black.

The Kikkerland Feather Gel Pen is my favourite thing from the whole collection. After all of our Harry Potter listening, I like to pretend I’m at Hogwarts whenever I use it. This might sound strange, but I enjoy the sound of the pen across paper. It is a bit scratchy which I appreciate, it reminds me of the old calligraphy pens against rustic paper. I have been using this pen a lot for my #kdcwisewords Wednesday posts on IG and you might see it peeking through the frame.

The downside: since the ink is gel you will need to wait a bit for it to dry as it does smudge. I was brainstorming and writing ideas down excitedly and mucked up my page as my hand hit the ink.  You don’t have to wait too long for the ink to dry but take this into consideration.

The Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Watercolour Brush Pen has been exciting to work with. As I don’t really draw, but letter it has been a bit of a learning curve to get used to but I am treating it like any lettering pen and I’m getting better.

Processed with VSCO with m3 preset

Next up came the stickers. You know by now I luuuurv me some stickers and I will buy them 98% of the time. I’m leaving out the 2% for the sanity of my wallet… I was stoked for the ones included as soon as I saw them. The colours were all very summery and there were a few I wanted specifically for during my vacation.

When I was setting up my month for planning I immediately grabbed the stickers. I was too excited and didn’t place it in the correct location. When I tried to take it off the page it ripped and it left some sticker residue on the page. Still to this day those 2 pages stick together. I have now learned my lesson to only put these stickers where I know for sure I won’t move it.

The pencil case was another thing I coveted from Christina during our first meet up so I was elated when I saw that she included it in her collection. She chose a bigger size just for me since I showed her my 20 pens I always have with me <3. I started attaching the case to my journal for easy access but I found that it bothers me if I leave it on while I'm writing. It just adds more bulk where I want a smooth service to write on. I still use it, I just keep it detached these days. It's also great because my new ruler fits snug right in the front pocket.

Lastly the Mnemosyne 183 A5 Grid notebook. TBH (to be honest) I put off using this journal until just last weekend. The paper is so buttery soft that the thought of writing on it seemed blasphemous. It was only when I knew I wanted to take notes during a Skillshare class that I opened it and put pen to paper. OH MAN, buttery soft was an understatement if that is even possible. Whichever pen I use glides seamlessly across the paper and I never want it to run out.

<< t only did we both score some sweet stationary goods I am most stoked about having met a great new friend that I can talk to about stationary which is even better. I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as we did! Check out Teatime Circus for her first impressions soon :) Do you want to collab? Hit me up<< p>

%d bloggers like this: